Series: Fury's Storm MC (Book 1)
Publication Date: 18th July 2016
I'M ADDICTED TO HER, AND I WON'T STOP UNTIL I GET MY FIX.
When a little girl shows up on the front stoop of the Fury's Storm HQ,
I tell her the obvious truth: "You're at the wrong place, hon."
But then she hands me a note that flips my world upside down.
It says she's my daughter.
I'm the last man on this earth who should be caring for a child.
The only women in my life are the rotating cast of scantily clad groupies who keep my bed warm at night.
So what the hell am I supposed to do with a daughter?
I tell my men to find a way to get Gigi back to her mother.
But they come back and tell me the girl's mom has disappeared without a trace.
Just then, a woman knocks at the clubhouse door.
I open it and freeze.
Jamie is a knockout to say the least.
She's pretty, but she doesn't know it.
Sexy, but she hasn't been made to feel it.
Eager, if only the right man were there to stoke her fires.
That's where I come in.
Jamie is Gigi's teacher and she's desperate to keep her favorite student safe.
But as clues to Gigi's mom's disappearance crop up in new and unexpected places, the two of us clash and mesh with wild intensity.
I've never felt like this about a woman before.
I want her.
I need her.
I crave her.
And I'm going to take her, again and again... Until I overdose.
My Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars
My Thoughts: (Minor Spoilers)
I really liked the blurb for this book, but sadly that's where the liking ended. So many things were wrong with this book I barely know where to start so I'm just going to batter out a list...
- An over-involved teacher who is WAY too attached and possessive of one of her students.
- A self-righteous, know-it-all, leading lady... aka Miss Over-Involved Teacher.
- Gigi's mother... I'm leaving this right here without elaborating to avoid a major spoiler.
- Severe lack of chemistry between Mr. MC President and Miss Over-Involved Teacher.
- Mr MC President and Miss Over-Involved Teacher going from disinterest, disdain, and annoyance to in lurrrrve within a couple of days.
- Mr MC President being the wimpiest MC President I've fictionally encountered. Ever.
- Whole book lacks grit and most characteristics of MC novels.
- 2D characters.
- Weak plot.
As for what I liked about this book? Easy. The cover.
Another redeeming feature was that the book ended around the 50% mark of the Kindle file... FYI the other 50% is a 'free' story which, after this, I just don't have the motivation to read.
Much better offerings exist in this genre... Very disappointing.